Saturday, July 3, 2010

Friday, July 2, 2010

I almost forgot . . . Sadie, the smiling Dalmation is 14 years old today!


It rained off and on, so we stayed in town and lazed around.  Just as we were leaving around 7 p.m. to go to the Velvet Lounge, we saw rescue vehicles by the river in front of the RV.  We learned that a 2 year old boy (one of a twin) had been reported missing from the Eureka B&B about six miles east of town.  His body had just been found in the river.  Sad, sad story.  I thought about this poor family all night.  Remember them in your prayers. 

Charles, Jane and I did go ahead and go to the Velvet Lounge to listen to Mike play.  He was very good, as usual.  I took a few pictures with my cell phone, so they are not very good.

Here's Mike playing a 3-stringed Russian instrument called a Balalaika,
or as he refers to it, "Belly Licker."
 "Bongo Boy plays drums and is just generally a funny guy.
The swirl in black and white is young Cate who dances to just about everything that is played.  I am guessing she is about ten years old, and is a regular. 

And, just in case anyone is interested, here's the weather report for Silverton for the upcoming week (sorry, I just couldn't resist):


TodayTomorrowMonTueWed

Partly Cloudy

Sunny

Sunny

Isolated T-storms

Scattered T-storms
 
High: 68°
Low: 38°
High: 68°
Low: 33°
High: 67°
Low: 35°
High: 69°
Low: 39°
High: 63°
Low: 33

No comments:

Post a Comment